Having a baby is one of life’s most enriching experiences, but we understand that there are many couples who have to work harder to become parents. At Lifestages, we understand the disappointment and frustration that couples feel when they want to be pregnant but are experiencing difficulty along the way.
Should you be concerned about infertility, we welcome the opportunity to speak to you about your concerns. In your first visit, we will:
- Learn about your medical history
- Conduct a physical exam
- Assess your ovarian reserve
- Assess whether you have adequate ovulation
- Analyze semen
- Complete simple blood work
- Perform an HSG test: A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) tests female fertility potential
Should you be diagnosed as infertile, you and your physician will make decisions about further options such as drug therapy. If further specialty care is necessary, we have strong relationships with our infertility specialist partners, offering a seamless experience. We will refer you to the best infertility specialists in the region, and then continue your care here at Lifestages after you’ve conceived.
If you are planning on getting pregnant, we recommend a preconception checkup. The goal of this checkup is to find things that could affect your pregnancy. Identifying these factors before pregnancy allows you to take steps that can increase the chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. During this visit, we will:
- Review your healthy history
- Review your current medication list
- Talk to you about your current diet
- Discuss prenatal vitamins
- Talk about lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking alcohol and drug use
- Discuss your environment (home and work) focusing on potential chemicals that could make it more difficult to get pregnant or may harm the fetus
- Review medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and seizure disorders.
- Review immunization history
- Talk about family health history which may reveal certain genetic or hereditary disorders
Healthy parents increase chances of conceiving healthy babies. We will do everything we can to help your baby enter this world on the right foot.